Monday, December 12, 2005

Mon 12 December - Morning's OK...

The 07:14 is pretty much on time.

At 17:42 the message comes through that the 17:38 is cancelled. Fortunately I was not aiming to catch it anyway, but Shaz was, and she reckons the platform is heaving.

I go for the 18:12 and that time comes and goes with no comment from Connex. The train arrives a couple of minutes late and off we go. Thankfully the aircon's working as it's a hot and sticky evening. We pull up at Ripponlea about three minutes late.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Connex's SMS alerts.

I got a message about the 7:41 from Carrum at 6:58.

Then again at 7:24.

Then again at 7:33.


I wonder if there's any chance of 'accidently' putting a few more trains on?

12 December, 2005 10:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just followed the link from last Thursdays comments (catching up). I still can't believe that my monthly ticket is up $3, with a total 13% fare increase in just over 12 months (10% last Jan. and 3% this Jan.). That is utterly disgraceful considering how the service has gone so down hill within that time. My train was cancellled again this morning. And the "open letters" from Bruce are nothing more than attempted PR patch ups. And with no alternative, and state and federal governments taxing the shit out of anything to do with cars, I'll be at those crappy ticket machines come Jan 1st handing over my hard earned cash again.
Bring on the Commonwealth Games I say. My prediction is that the train system will fail completely and utterly and thrust the whole issue into the limelight.

Not that our useless Transport Minister will do anything about it.

It must be a Monday...

Sam

12 December, 2005 16:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

annonymous - the message you got at 7:24 stated the 7:41 from Carrum would now be running. Then the go and cancel it again at 7:33, a minute after it was due to leave Franga...I mean Frankston.

12 December, 2005 20:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home