Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thu 8 June - Validated ticket area...

Just recently they've been tarting up the stations and they've put up signs saying "validated ticket area". Presumably these signs are there to suggest that we should not enter the platform without a validated ticket? Well they need to stick the next train information outside this "validated ticket area", because there are times when I want to know if there's a train coming fairly soon before I validate. That way if it's too long I have the choice to drive and not waste a ticket.

We're about three minutes late this morning.

And we're three minutes late on the 18:01 too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, last week I validated my ticket just to be told that the train won't run, leaving me no choice to go back to my car drive into town.

08 June, 2006 14:03  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

I got caught by that a few times in the past. While I probably still wouldn't drive during the week, I always check before I commit a ticket at weekends.

I'm often borderline about going on the train if I have to go into the office on a weekend. If the wait for a train is too long, ie there's a cancellation, I'll stick the unvalidated ticket back in my wallet and hop in the car. It would be interesting to have that debate with an inspector trying to enforce the "validated ticket area" under such circumstances!

08 June, 2006 20:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home