Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wed 21 September - Good again...

On the 07:14 and it's on time again.

On the 17:38 from platform 13 - again it's on time. But of course my day would not be complete without a whinge about my travelling experience!

Somebody left a comment on Monday about kids coming home from the show. Well I think his/her comments are epitomised today. There's two mums with two kids, a girl about three and a boy about four, so not far off the ages of mine. Mine have gone on the train now and again for a couple of years, so I have some idea what to expect. Well not this time! A mum has simply plonked her pram full of the obligatory show goodies right in the doorway on the Richmond side. It rolls towards Shaz, who kindly applies the brake for her. We pull into Richmond and it's still there, without any raising of the eyebrow of the owning mum, despite passengers having trouble getting past it.

Then the boy pulls on it, swinging it round to block the aisle leading to the seating area. Again the mum's unperturbed by this when people struggle to get around it at South Yarra. Meanwhile the kids are now playing with their plastic swords, and although they're obviously disturbing the passengers around them they don't seem too bothered.

These ignorant people finally get off at Balaclava. I wonder how those kids will be in 10-12 years with parents like that!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad Phil - this has actually been one of the best Show weeks in memory for me. A few families with kids but they were no problems at all. Of course I have probably just mozzed myself for the trip home tonight.
One let down is the state of the trains. They are absolutely filthy comne the arvo peak.

23 September, 2005 13:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home