Friday, January 27, 2006

Fri 27 January - And again...?

At 06:28 we're alerted to the fact that the 06:40 is not running. By that time it should've already left Sandy, so not much use for most people I imagine.

Again the cheery intercom voice claims the 07:59 will not run today. Again there's been no SMS alert to tell us so.

The 07:14 sits in the yards for several minutes so we arrive at Flinders Street seven minutes late.

When will I learn? I want to get away early and the 16:48 is cancelled. I figure the 16:57 will be too crowded so I'll catch the 17:07 instead.

When I get to the station entrance the board is showing the 17:07 is next, so all good. The monitors on platform 8 are showing that there's a 17:00 train next that's not taking passengers. As it's already a few minutes after five, that's not very encouraging.

The monitors go blank and then show the next train is the 17:17... uh oh! Then at about 17:10 they go blank and somebody announces the 17:07 is running six or seven minutes late. The monitors are still blank a couple of minutes later.

At about 17:13 we're advised the 17:07 is defective so the next train is the 17:17. In it comes. Needless to say we're packed and I might as well have done this 20 minutes earlier on the 16:57.

At 17:21 the SMS alert comes through to say the 17:07 is cancelled. Yeah, thanks Connex, I think we kinda figured that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Train home was 7 minutes late last night. Mordialloc line train cancelled tonight too (just got SMS). Shocking week.

Sam

27 January, 2006 16:29  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

Yes, unfortunately for me I was caught up in that shambles. I wish I'd been doing something more interesting too!

I certainly agree that this has been a very bad week, Sam. The worst part about it is that there's been no announcement that that cretin Hughes has stepped down yet and nor has the weasel Batchelor.

27 January, 2006 18:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home