Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wed 28 September - Are we there yet...?

The 07:14 is on time again.

A comment/question was posted yesterday "that last week, isnt that a full week of reliable services?". My first answer is "no", based on the pantomime that we had last Thursday. Not only was the train a few minutes late, but you could hardly call the get on, get off, get back on again routine a reliable service.

But that prompted me to look again at the original objective and see if we are actually getting a more reliable service. Undoubtedly yes, it is more reliable than when I started. But my original claim was this "I don't believe that of the ten scheduled trains that I would wish to catch in any given week, all ten have ever run as scheduled." And that still stands.

While it might seem unfair, I also need it to be all ten trips in any given week. Sure it's not Connex' fault that I chose to get a taxi a couple of times last week. But I want to see a full week of all trips getting a green. Yes that makes it tougher, given that roughly one week in two I miss at least one trip in a week. But as I said in the beginning "I plan to keep a diary for a while and we'll see how often Connex can deliver me a full week of reliable services. Yes, I know that's a little self-centred, but isn't that the whole point of blogging?" So far, after nearly six months, the answer is still never.

Going home on the 18:01 - this is the one that often seems to have problems, but tonight we're on time.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Pole said...

Connex Melbourne is not so bad. At least they give people real-time estimations (via electronic boards at nearly every station) on when the train is due to arrive. Connex Auckland doesnt have GPS-enabled trains so its your guess when the train will arrive on time, if it runs at all...

30 September, 2005 06:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home