Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wed 31 August - Nearly red...

Connex came within a whisker of getting a red this morning. The train pulled in to Ripponlea a couple of minutes late, then sat just outside Flinders Street station for a few minutes more. We alighted just about bang on six minutes late. My fault for saying the morning trains were reliable!

For the third evening in a row we have disruption at home time. Guys, come on... WHERE'S MY SMS??? I could've rushed and possibly made the 18:01 (assuming it ran). But no, silly me relied on the fact that there'd been no alert that the 18:12 was going to be affected. In fact, there still hasn't. But it was cancelled. Frankly we might as well not have the SMS service if we can't count on it.

The stationmaster tells me they've had some computer problems. The good old PDP-11s acting up again. Surely that cretin Bruce Hughes has some plan to replace them eventually? Or does he expect them to be part of the 20/2020 solution?

Anyway, I did the sensible thing and caught a taxi. I was probably home by the time the next jam-packed Sandringham train left Flinders Street.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

4.33pm AND 4.54pm Frankston line trains cancelled this afternoon. Christ you suck Connex.

31 August, 2005 16:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5.22 Epping was cancelled.

Big disruptions all round.

But ... the 6.01 Sandringham did run.. Ooopsy.

31 August, 2005 22:45  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

Yes, I figured the 18:01 must've run and been more or less on time, as the platform was pretty empty when I got there, at about 18:05.

I'd like to say that next time I'll make more effort to get the earlier train if it's close. But I know that if I do that it'll be the earlier one that's cancelled!

01 September, 2005 06:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home