Friday, February 02, 2007

Is this a spoof message?

I received an SMS beginning "Siemens issue" this morning...

Siemens issue - 37 cancellations until further notice, inc. the 8.05am from Sandringham. See website 4 details. We apologise for the inconvenience.

I had my doubts about its authenticity at first - are Connex staff really hip enough to know about TXTspeak, ie using "4" instead of "for"? Did the strangely invisible Andrew Cassidy approve this message before it went out? Or did it go all the way up to Sir Topham Hatt himself, who suggested the common touch of a bit of TXTspeak might make the message more palatable to their long-suffering customers?

Anyway, since there was a detailed statement about the cancellations on the website, I guess they weren't spoofing us about the Seimens issue!

OK, this is pretty juvenile, but if they hadn't said "Siemens issue" I would not have been tempted!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your sms made sense - mine just said
"will be cancelled until further notice due to the Siemens issue. See website 4 details. We apologise for the inconvenience." I presume they meant the 7:48 from Glenhuntly, but really.

02 February, 2007 10:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sms service has been quite poor lately.

02 February, 2007 17:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this article in The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/responsibility-for-transports-woes-has-been-sold-too/2007/02/04/1170523956585.html

I thought for a moment you had a new job as a journalist...

I smell a change in the air (hopefully).

Goodbye connex or should I say Au Re Voir (not to sure on french spelling)

05 February, 2007 09:05  
Blogger Kahlerisms said...

I got three variations of the message you got, Phil.

None of them were terribly coherant.

Just another example of the unprofessionalism from the bunch of tools that "run" our PT system.

My "temporarily cancelled until further notice" service ran today.
Bizarre world.

06 February, 2007 15:54  
Blogger Tagle said...

who cares if theyre coherent, as so long as it implies some sort of messege.


the more concerning thing, is Mr Whinger's blog is 50% dedicated to the point that "for" was replaced with the numeral "4"

What an age we live in.

1337 speak - confuses yet another person.

06 February, 2007 21:25  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

Chris, you're about as 1337 as an earthworm. There's nothing clever about being functionally illiterate in one's native language. And how did you conclude that I was confused, since it was obvious that I'm quite clear on the intent of the message - in fact I even spelled it out.

You seem to be increasingly desperate to find things to pick me up on, so much so that you're now inventing them. It's pathetic.

You really are a very sad young man.

07 February, 2007 22:10  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

Chris / The Met (sorry other Chris, didn't want you to think the last post was aimed at you!)

I've decided enough is enough. Your ridiculous, petty sniping has to end. I've deleted your comments and as soon as I see any more from you they'll be deleted.

I'm happy enough to have sensible, adult conversations, but your nonsensical, unintelligible drivel is simply wasting my time and everybody else's.

08 February, 2007 07:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got today (16 Feb) a message at 5.10PM to say that the 4.56PM Frankston will now run. 27 seconds later I got a message to say that the 4.56PM Frankston has been cancelled. Whats that supposed to mean?

16 February, 2007 17:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home