Monday, March 19, 2007

Great start Connex!

Here we are, Monday morning and already the 06:40 and the 07:13 are cancelled. So if you're on the 06:59 or the 07:29, be prepared for getting up close and personal with your travelling companions. Update: add the 08:09 to that list!

Last week I kept my train travel to a minimum, including running home on Friday, only 10-15 minutes longer than the train journey and much more enjoyable. I'm in Perth this week so hopefully next week I can get back to train in - cycle home again.

Looks like we have some West Australian support for Transperth to take over from Connex - http://transperthtorun.blogspot.com - get on board! I've written to Allanah MacTiernan to see what she thinks of the idea. Wonder if I'll get a reply. Meanwhile, the cloth-eared nuff-nuff is "here to help me" according to her website - http://www.lynnekosky.com - but I'm not sure how as she doesn't even respond to emails. Clearly she's not open to the idea of Ms MacTiernan showing her how it's done!

5 Comments:

Blogger Moorecat said...

I believe it's standard practice to ignore emails unless you provide your snail mail addy as well. Then you'll get a reply via snail mail.

It was std prac when we were working in Canberra, and I've just seen similar policy on Mark Vaile's website.

xxx

19 March, 2007 10:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my God can you believe it! According to todays online Herald Sun (cant buy it in the West) Connex brought forward maintenance and had no cancellations today! Well paint me pink and march me down the terrace!

How about Connex you go for 365 days of No cancellations. Must of saved them 100 thou today having a service that ran.

26 March, 2007 19:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 4.18pm Macleod train was cancelled on the 26th of March 2007 so maybe you're referring to another day. Maybe Sunday the 25th?

27 March, 2007 10:25  
Blogger Connex Whinger said...

Yes, the Herald-Sun must be referring to another day. Connex' own SMS alert system advised the 07:39 into the city was cancelled yesterday. The announcement on the platform confirmed that.

Has the Herald-Sun become a Conenx stooge?

27 March, 2007 15:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rain operator Connex also had brought forward maintenance to boost train services, with no cancellations reported today. 26th of the 3rd lol good to see Phil Moore posted a note on the Herald Sun pointing out there was a cancellation.

I'd say the Herald Sun is in Bed with Connex just like the West Australian is in bed with the Eagles.

27 March, 2007 20:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home